Of course you can change up a design! A Gijinka is a human personification of an inhuman character. With that you can easily add in their personality and knowledge of the character into their outfit. I once cosplayed Applejack (before it was cool xD) and when I went to make her design I tried to make it something you could actually wear on a farm so I chose overalls. I still haven’t seen anyone else do that design and that’s what makes it unique and my own. Whatever you put together you should be happy and proud of in because no matter what it’s going to be your own unique idea of a character you love so go for it and have fun!
Starting from next weekend until katsucon I will be hosting an internet sewing/crafting party on google chat every saturday from noon till 9pm eastern time. If you are working on your cosplay for katsucon and need that added push of people to talk to while working then come on in. If you just want to see what cosplayers are working on then you can join too! I’ll be answering any sewing questions too if anyone needs advice or just wants a second opinion on something.
The link will go out on my cosplay page every weekend so make sure you check it every saturday to join in!
It will be a great opportunity to make new friends and get motivated for katsucon!
as suggested by masari!!! uwu
Dear NY Post,
Recently I had read a TV review from your site about the upcoming docuseries from SyFy: Heroes of Cosplay. I found it odd that there was a tv review about a show that was a week away from airing, but that is not what drew me to the page. It was the fact that Linda Stasi not only…
Hello my dear followers, I am sorry for the very long hiatus. I have graduated college now and will have free time to finally update this tumblr.
For the wig, it’s sometimes just best to handmake it. Start with a white base and dye it with sharpies.
Sometimes it isn’t always easy to dye a wig but for my viewers I will look for a tutorial and post it so you guys know how to do it.
Personally I have seen a few rainbow Dash Gijinka’s so here is my list of tips for her:
1. I would stick away from rainbow tutu’s you have to keep in mind that Rainbow Dash is a tomboy and wouldn’t wear something like that
2. My biggest thing is making the characters personality show in the costume, that makes more sense for a gijinka so I tend to like the more athletic gijinkas of Rainbow Dash
3. I also personally stick away from the tails and ears as I think they look a little silly but if you like them then I say go for it. It’s just more money you will have to spend on the costume.
4. Pick a wig that is rainbow but isn’t a party wig. So many cosplayers don’t pick good wigs or forget about them but that is a part of a cosplay, wigs should be thought of a bit more.
5. Have fun! Anything you put effort in and like is all that should matter. Gijinkas are always going to be based on a person’s own idea so no two gijinka’s ever look alike so do what YOU like.